Hack Forums
[Advice Needed] To Deal Dispute or To Not Deal Dispute - Printable Version

+- Hack Forums (https://hackforums.net)
+-- Forum: Marketplace (https://hackforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=105)
+--- Forum: Bazaar (https://hackforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=450)
+---- Forum: Marketplace Discussions (https://hackforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=163)
+---- Thread: [Advice Needed] To Deal Dispute or To Not Deal Dispute (/showthread.php?tid=4338359)



To Deal Dispute or To Not Deal Dispute - DumpsterAim - Jul 13, 2014

So I need some advice regarding a deal for graphic work. Below i'll do my best to explain the story.

So about a month or so ago I purchased graphic work from a user. It was a pretty big bundle of work and everything went down without a sitch. Now roughly a week ago I paid to get some graphic work done again and decided to pay first because I didn't want to go through the process of him sending watermarked stuff. He told me he would be able to start Thursday (4 days ago) and he did. He managed to get almost 1 of the things done but now has been away ever since.

He's been appearing offline on Skype and been ignoring my messages on there. He's also changed his name on Skype and has posted 2 threads since he stopped replying to me. Now the question is should I just wait it out and hope he isn't going to be a bitch? or just drop a scam report on his ass and have it do nothing.

The shitty part is I really needed the work done by tomorrow and it seems he is scamming me. The only part i'm unsure about is why wouldn't be just scam me from the get go. Why even put the time in to almost finish one of the items if he was just going to scam?

So I need your advice regarding this situation. Also the reason I'm not saying his username is just incase he is legit I don't want to tarnish his rep or future sales. Sorry for the long read but there's no tl;dr


* - BlueStar - Jul 13, 2014

PM him and give him a set time to complete the service, And say if not you will be opening a scam report. If he still fails to reply then open a scam report.


* - 420 Blaze It - Jul 13, 2014

Give him another 24 hours via a PM and see if he read it via PM Tracking. After that time, report him.


* - DumpsterAim - Jul 13, 2014

(Jul 13, 2014 10:30 PM)420 Blaze It Wrote:  Give him another 24 hours via a PM and see if he read it via PM Tracking. After that time, report him.

Sent him a PM. I also noticed he does have a previous scam report for a pretty big chunk of money. Mine was only $20 but still.


* - Infer - Jul 13, 2014

Who's the user that is in question currently?


* - MarSy - Jul 13, 2014

Pm him and give him some time. Tell him I will chargeback and open a scam report if I don't get what I wanted in the next 48 hours


* - DumpsterAim - Jul 13, 2014

(Jul 13, 2014 10:37 PM)Infer Wrote:  Who's the user that is in question currently?

I'll give it out if he continues to ignore me. Don't really want to bash any possible future sales if it's just a misunderstanding. Will wait to see what happens.


* - Eric‌ - Jul 14, 2014

I'd say contact him one more time. Give him 24 hours. If he doesn't comply, fuck that kid and chargeback. GL winning ryan.


* - SwimmingPool - Jul 14, 2014

Call up your bank or credit card company and dispute the payment. He has had long enough.