Home Upgrade Search Memberlist Extras Hacker Tools Award Goals Help Wiki Contact

Community Alert 

How Do You Handle UnActive Sellers??


How Do You Handle Business Errors When a Seller Is Inactive on Hackforums?


Hey HF,

I wanted to open up a general discussion and get some community insight on how you all handle situations like this, especially when it involves Marketplace sellers who may not be very active on Hackforums anymore.

Scenario:

I’ve been purchasing proxy data (GBs) from a seller on Hackforums for around 3 months now. Up until recently, everything has worked perfectly fine.

I decided to create a second account on the seller’s website to use specifically as a reseller account.

• Account #1 — Works perfectly
• Account #2 — Added $15 balance, but cannot use it

When trying to purchase proxy data on the second account, the checkout errors out and won’t allow the balance to be used.

I’ve done the following:
• Contacted support/chat on the seller’s website
• Waited over a month and a half
• Sent multiple messages (mostly unanswered)
• Posted on the seller’s Hackforums sales thread
• PM’d the seller directly on Hackforums

So far — no response.

The odd part is:
• The service itself still works
• I can still buy and use data on my first account
• Only the second account is affected
• The $15 balance is essentially stuck and unusable

It feels like the seller may be more active on other forums or platforms, and their Hackforums presence is either inactive or very low priority.

My Question to the Community:

At this point, how would you personally handle this?

I’m not trying to start a dispute thread or cause any unnecessary drama — I just want a fair resolution, whether that’s:
• Fixing the account
• Transferring the balance
• Or refunding the unused funds

What’s the best approach when:
• The seller isn’t responding on HF
• The service is partially working
• And the amount isn’t huge, but still principle-based?

Looking forward to hearing how others here have dealt with similar situations. I understand some sellers might be more active elsewhere and sell elsewhere, but I do feel... whereever you decide to post up your sales, you SHOULD always take time out either daily 1x, or bi-daily 1x... or even weekly at the very minimum to check or respond to any inquiries.

Thanks in advance.
I would say it's a deal dispute, think of it in the scenario you're not the second account, you're being scammed.
[Image: 3.gif]
(Jan 11, 2026 04:29 PM)Terry A. Davis Wrote:  I would say it's a deal dispute, think of it in the scenario you're not the second account, you're being scammed.

i second this. deal dispute is the only way to go in this situation.
just because i'm a jewish black trans midget with bbc :(
Quote:I’ve done the following:
• Contacted support/chat on the seller’s website
• Waited over a month and a half
• Sent multiple messages (mostly unanswered)
• Posted on the seller’s Hackforums sales thread
• PM’d the seller directly on Hackforums

So far — no response

Somehow I knew this would be the case. DD for sure. How long have they been inactive?
(Jan 11, 2026 01:13 PM)ProxyLand Wrote:  
I’m not trying to start a dispute thread or cause any unnecessary drama — I just want a fair resolution, whether that’s:


I can see why you might not want to open a Deal Dispute, as the amount is small and your first account is still working. But if you've already attempted to reach out to them thru multiple avenues, and it's been over a month and haven't been able to resolve.. then opening a Deal Dispute may be the only way to attempt to resolve this situation.

Off topic - Might I know why you're purchasing proxies by the GB, rather then just purchasing unlimited data proxies? I've personally never seen the difference in quality in the two types of proxies, and have always found unlimited data to be more cost effective when purchasing long term.
(Jan 12, 2026 05:33 AM)Tyr Wrote:  Somehow I knew this would be the case. DD for sure. How long have they been inactive?

I think from my message to him, about 3 weeks. The messages and emails through their site, 2 months.

(Jan 12, 2026 07:30 PM)Moooookie Wrote:  I can see why you might not want to open a Deal Dispute, as the amount is small and your first account is still working. But if you've already attempted to reach out to them thru multiple avenues, and it's been over a month and haven't been able to resolve.. then opening a Deal Dispute may be the only way to attempt to resolve this situation.

Off topic - Might I know why you're purchasing proxies by the GB, rather then just purchasing unlimited data proxies? I've personally never seen the difference in quality in the two types of proxies, and have always found unlimited data to be more cost effective when purchasing long term.

Cost effective for me :P in the case of using them for my own use, I would say I only literally use like a half a GB a month. Lol. And then on top, my usage is sporadic, so ... I might use one week and not touch em for 2 weeks, and then use again.

Okay so just now, I had PM'd the seller a 2nd time, and will give it another 3-5 days . And then, I'll place a dispute. 🙄🤦‍♂️
(Jan 13, 2026 08:00 AM)ProxyLand Wrote:  I think from my message to him, about 3 weeks. The messages and emails through their site, 2 months.


Cost effective for me :P in the case of using them for my own use, I would say I only literally use like a half a GB a month. Lol. And then on top, my usage is sporadic, so ... I might use one week and not touch em for 2 weeks, and then use again.

Okay so just now, I had PM'd the seller a 2nd time, and will give it another 3-5 days . And then, I'll place a dispute. 🙄🤦‍♂️

If it's been that long I would've been livid by now and filed a dispute already tbh. But hey, things happen, let us see.
(Jan 13, 2026 08:00 AM)ProxyLand Wrote:  Cost effective for me :P in the case of using them for my own use, I would say I only literally use like a half a GB a month. Lol. And then on top, my usage is sporadic, so ... I might use one week and not touch em for 2 weeks, and then use again.

Okay so just now, I had PM'd the seller a 2nd time, and will give it another 3-5 days . And then, I'll place a dispute. 🙄🤦‍♂️

Ohh, OK.. that makes complete sense. I honestly didn't even think about it from that perspective. Definitely doesn't make sense purchasing by the month, if you're only using a selective amount each month. Thanks for sharing the strategy. Does any unused data that you purchase roll over to the next month?

Wishing you luck with getting that whole situation straightened out with the seller.
(Jan 13, 2026 04:13 PM)Moooookie Wrote:  Ohh, OK.. that makes complete sense. I honestly didn't even think about it from that perspective. Definitely doesn't make sense purchasing by the month, if you're only using a selective amount each month. Thanks for sharing the strategy. Does any unused data that you purchase roll over to the next month?

Wishing you luck with getting that whole situation straightened out with the seller.

Yeah it rolls over. Which would be an issue with the service going out of business, but... So far, if I'm able to add GB's on the 1st account, then that's not the issue for now. For now, it's rather just the 2nd account itself is bugged.

For now i'll be patient, which others might now have been so much. 🙃
So far, if I'm able to add GB's on the 1st account, then that's not the issue for now. For now, it's rather just the 2nd account itself is bugged.
i think u could do a deel dispute


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
[Advice Needed] by BasiliskSep 28, 2021 12:51 AM 11 258 Sep 28, 2021 12:51 AM
Last Post: [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅5̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
by 1MPERATORJun 7, 2015 02:11 AM 2 192 Jun 7, 2015 02:11 AM
Last Post: 1MPERATOR